I’m back!! And let me tell you, this post was worth the wait. Thanks to Inspired Taste I have found the most PERFECT tiramisu recipe. I’m actually (almost) resentful of how good this recipe is because it’s requested so frequently, and it’s not the quickest thing to whip up. But don’t let that deter you! It’s easy. REALLY easy. You just need some patience, which is something I’m working on 😉
- 1 cup brewed espresso, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Disaronno, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, yolk and whites seperated
- 2 tbs granulated sugar, divided
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 28 Savoiardi Italian ladyfingers
- 1 ounce (30 g) bittersweet chocolate or cocoa powder for dusting
- Beat 3 egg yolks (the whites will be used in the following step), 2 tablespoons of Disaronno, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until tripled in volume, 5 to 8 minutes. Use a whisk and do not stop beating until removed from the heat.
- Remove bowl from heat and use a wooden spoon to blend in mascarpone cheese until just combined.
- In an electric mixer, whip 3 egg whites on high speed until it holds stiff peaks, about 4-5 minutes. Once the yolk-mascarpone mixture has cooled a little, gently fold in half of the egg whites into the yolk-mascarpone mixture, then the remaining half just until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee, vanilla and remaining Disaronno and sugar.
- Quickly dip the ladyfingers on both sides into the coffee mixture, and line the bottom of a 9-inch square dish with them. Some ladyfingers may need to be broken in half.
6. Spoon half of the mascarpone filling over the lady fingers and spread into an even layer.
7. Grate half of the bittersweet chocolate over filling.8. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for another layer of mascarpone- ladyfingers-chocolate.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours and ENJOY!!